Torch coral wave advice

FlameangelLover

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 25, 2025
Messages
833
Reaction score
810
Location
detroit
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it true torch corals don’t like to be pushed in only one direction? If so how do I get my torch to be pushed in multiple directions?
 
What powerheads are you using?
I would suggest ones with a wave option or running 2 have them alternate flows.
 
Take one of your powerheads and aim it opposite to the other. Now cycle that phead on 5 seconds off 5 seconds, on 5 off 5. Play with flows/aim of both pumps until you get your desired effect.
 
Take one of your powerheads and aim it opposite to the other. Now cycle that phead on 5 seconds off 5 seconds, on 5 off 5. Play with flows/aim of both pumps until you get your desired effect.
The Pistons woulve beat the Knicks if the refs wasn't bad.

Also should they face each other?
 
Just to clarify my suggestion. I have this setup on my torches.
Both pumps on opposite tank side from torches. one pump pushing water along the back of tne tank, the other pulsing along the front.
The flows meet chaotically at the torches.
 
Just to clarify my suggestion. I have this setup on my torches.
Both pumps on opposite tank side from torches. one pump pushing water along the back of tne tank, the other pulsing along the front.
The flows meet chaotically at the torches.
picture?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new