Torch coral

mwalto11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening,

I am new to reef tanks. I recently got a torch coral and it appeared unhappy. All my other corals are doing great. I moved the torch coral due to the thinking that the issue was it was getting too much light. I have contemplated taking it out of the tank due to believing that it is dead. Today when I looked it appeared something was growing out of the side of it… is this a new head? When I went back to check it was gone. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you. Photos are attached. I turned the white light on for better picture quality. I tested the water and everything is good. I have also took the water in to a local fish store for testing and they said everything is good.

IMG_9852.jpeg IMG_9851.jpeg IMG_9853.jpeg

Raijin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By the look of the skeleton, it doesn’t look like it had much flesh to begin with?
Do you have other LPS?

Upvote 0

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like your tank is very new. Good parameters do not equal maturity in a system. Regroup and slow down. You need like 6 months before your tank has some food for corals.

That torch is probably not coming back, but no harm in leaving it in. The skeleton adds minerals.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
mwalto11

mwalto11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a fan worm? Torch, RIP.
Thank you for your response!
Looks like your tank is very new. Good parameters do not equal maturity in a system. Regroup and slow down. You need like 6 months before your tank has some food for corals.

That torch is probably not coming back, but no harm in leaving it in. The skeleton adds minerals.
Thank you for your response! I will definitely take the advice of waiting before adding any more corals.

Upvote 0

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 38 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.4%
Back