Torch Damaged In Shipping?

Lauren36

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a torch from a sponsor here on R2R and when it arrived yesterday, it didn't look good. I thought I would give it at least 24 hours, but it's not looking any better. I contacted the seller and they said to give it some time. Does this look like damage that may have been caused during shipping or do you think it was already on the way out? Or do I just need to give it some more time? This would be the first coral I've purchased that didn't look OK after a few hours getting it into my tank.

PXL_20211006_151716929.jpg PXL_20211006_150532427.jpg

afrokobe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pic of it in the container looks fine, just stressed from shipping. How long as it been since you put it in?

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like there is a lot of white skeleton showing. Particularly on the left side polyp along the top edge in the photo it looks like there is no flesh on the top half of the inside of the skeleton. If that is the case it is not damage from shipping. The right polyp looks only marginally better with lots of white skeleton showing all along the edge and down into the polyp area. So unless there was a bunch of tentacles and flesh floating around the bag when you got it.. it was like that when shipped.

On a positive note I have had worse recover but it's a long road and odds are not good.

mermaid_life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree that euphyllia can potentially recover. However, I also think that you got an unhealthy frag. Even if it's upset and shriveled, you shouldn't be seeing the skeleton like that.

OP
OP
Lauren36

Lauren36

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the replies everyone. As of this afternoon it looks all but dead. I'm going to contact the seller to see if there is anything they can do.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back