Torch DOA? Should I try to revive?

va_ill

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Got a torch that seems DOA to me. I’ve searched for similar conditions and saw someone was able to keep alive. Should I put it in my tank and cross my fingers or toss??

Thanks in advance!
IMG_3579.jpeg

Luis's Nano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Not to scare you. Just be careful if you have any other euphyllia. I received a torch like that and the seller recommended to give it a few days to see if it would bounce back. It never did and with 2 weeks other euphyllia started to die from BJD. Just my experience.

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Definitely QT that thing, it can cause your whole tank to .... well tank. I'm currently going through the same thing and set up a small QT in a bucket with a powerhead and heater. I am using tank water and changing it out regularly while treating the torch.

Luis's Nano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
You can see how the euphyllia looked before adding the melting torch to shortly after.

OP
OP
va_ill

va_ill

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not to scare you. Just be careful if you have any other euphyllia. I received a torch like that and the seller recommended to give it a few days to see if it would bounce back. It never did and with 2 weeks other euphyllia started to die from BJD. Just my experience.
I do but its one that came in the same shipment. That one looks like yours, and already perking up.

This one on the other hand is way past that.. which is where my concern is coming from..

OP
OP
va_ill

va_ill

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Definitely QT that thing, it can cause your whole tank to .... well tank. I'm currently going through the same thing and set up a small QT in a bucket with a powerhead and heater. I am using tank water and changing it out regularly while treating the torch.
I don't have the ability to QT. Nearest Petco, which is my only option is two hours away.

Should have thought of setting up a QT tank before hand...

Luis's Nano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Whatever you decide. Good luck! It's all trial and error. Again, this was my experience. I know people that had euphyllia completely die out and come back a year later lol. It's a mystery so just have fun with it and take chances.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a torch that seems DOA to me. I’ve searched for similar conditions and saw someone was able to keep alive. Should I put it in my tank and cross my fingers or toss??

Thanks in advance!
IMG_3579.jpeg
Nope, that's gone. Hopefully you can get a refund.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 43 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 162 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back