Torch garden fail?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Propane
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Propane

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 8, 2022
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
2,418
Location
Milky Way
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put a hellfire torch next to my NY nicks (I think) to start my garden and all was well until they both extended fully and started grazing each other. The NY knicks then receded and wouldn’t come out until I gave it some room. Is that normal or do they sometimes Just fight.
 
they will not tolerate each other sometimes
 
They are both indo golds. It is very uncommon for Torches to actually fight. Trying to sting each other is futile.

The most common response of one wanting more room, is to not fully extend. That doesn't mean aggression, that means it wants more room aka not to be touched.

Listen to the coral, give it more room. You can place others close by and see how they respond.

Don't let your dreams be squashed, just adjust fire. I've got a decent torch Island and have had to make moves a few times. That's totally normal.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new