Torch help

Tristan n

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 10, 2026
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know why there is kinda like a missing spot on the skeleton of the coral or a hole in the flesh band
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0086.mov
    49.7 MB
Did you receive the coral this way or is this something you noticed after the frag has been in your tank for a while?

If the frag is new, it's possible it got hurt in the fragging process or during transport.
If it has been sitting in your tank for a while I would double check that there aren't any parasites or fish that are picking on the coral. If the coral had other issues I would expect tissue to recede evenly on all sides, but maybe it's possible to start on one side, I'm not sure.
 
Did you receive the coral this way or is this something you noticed after the frag has been in your tank for a while?

If the frag is new, it's possible it got hurt in the fragging process or during transport.
If it has been sitting in your tank for a while I would double check that there aren't any parasites or fish that are picking on the coral. If the coral had other issues I would expect tissue to recede evenly on all sides, but maybe it's possible to start on one side, I'm not sure.
I don’t remember it’s only been in the tank for about maybe 2-3 weeks so it could be splitting into 2 heads or branching.
 
Did you receive the coral this way or is this something you noticed after the frag has been in your tank for a while?

If the frag is new, it's possible it got hurt in the fragging process or during transport.
If it has been sitting in your tank for a while I would double check that there aren't any parasites or fish that are picking on the coral. If the coral had other issues I would expect tissue to recede evenly on all sides, but maybe it's possible to start on one side, I'm not sure.
I don’t remember it’s only been in the tank for about maybe 2-3 weeks so it could be splitting into 2 heads or branching.
Hm... I mean, I see a potential splitting point, but that shouldn't result in so much tissue recession.
 
Hm... I mean, I see a potential splitting point, but that shouldn't result in so much tissue recession.
Could it be some kind of invert or something like that
 
Could it be some kind of invert or something like that
There are Euphyllia eating flatworms (which should be visible on the coral), but there are also diseases that can cause a fast tissue recession. Certain ciliates (e.g. Philaster spp.) like to overrun weakened corals and can cause very rapid tissue loss that usually doesn't stop and leads to a death of the coral within hours or days.

Is the coral skeleton still covered in some (probably brown-ish) slime (see image below)? This is not brown jelly disease (BJD), but mucus production can either be a defense mechanism of the coral, or it could be produced by something that is harming/irritating the coral and causing the tissue recession.

1789255442206.png

​
How does the coral look? Is it still open? Has something changed?
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new