Torch id please.

  • Thread starter Thread starter DJF
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Joined
Feb 21, 2017
Messages
4,661
Reaction score
10,203
Location
SD
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was purchased from a vendor. Sold as a 24k torch. I’ve had 24k torches before and am on the fence- curious if this looks like an indo gold or a 24k torch to others. My reasoning is that my previous 24ks did not have the darker side of the tentacles. Lmk

IMG_2628.jpeg
IMG_2627.jpeg
 
Thanks. the difference may be aussie vs indo; it is a nice torch but it sits right next to an “indo gold” that is more gold. If the online pic had shown the 2 tone tentacles, it would not have been purchased. They got me this time- they lost me for next time.
 
I have this torch that was dark when purchased but under my lighting goldened up. I actually prefer the darker version. Any reason you prefer more gold?
 

Attachments

  • 20230822_065921~2.jpg
    20230822_065921~2.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 64
  • 20230916_191450~2.jpg
    20230916_191450~2.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 93
I have this torch that was dark when purchased but under my lighting goldened up. I actually prefer the darker version. Any reason you prefer more gold?
No reason other than that’s what I bought. I’ve got something similar so had I realized it wasn’t that 24k pop of gold for the whole tentacle I wouldn’t have bought it.
 
I bought this one from the guy near where I live, he doesn't know the name, please help me ID this
IMG_4190.jpeg
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new