Torch or hammer?

  • Thread starter Thread starter mnsean
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mnsean

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 17, 2024
Messages
85
Reaction score
20
Location
st louis
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this frag recently from local fish store. He thinks it’s hammer? I’m not so sure… how can you tell difference when it’s this long?? I think it’s hammer but just want to make sure

IMG_7844.jpeg IMG_7842.jpeg
 
green tentacles with purple acrospheres, so I would say hammer (Fimbriaphyllia paraancora). Euphyllia generally don't have the green-and-purple coloration
 
i wanna say torch? but to me looks kinda like a funky duncan.
actually looking at it more its a very droopy green and purple tip hammer.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new