Torch RTN bailing.

Matt Winstead

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Here's a quick video of the torch.
This was full and in total glory 3 days ago and now this. Torch was in the tank one year. Alk Calc Mag PH Temp all stable for over two months. PO NO stable for the last month. I iodine dipped it this morning but think it was already too far gone. Complete rapid tissue necrosis in less than 48 hours. What gives ?

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your guess is as good as mine :( I have had torches look great and double in size over the span of months then just catch BJD and be gone in a few days. If you take it out of the tank with the pumps off and it's nothing but brown slimy muck and smells terrible then it is BJD. Can wipe out Euphyllia within days so try not to let the slimy stuff come off when removing the skeleton.

I keep cipro on hand now just in case.

OP
OP
Matt Winstead

Matt Winstead

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your guess is as good as mine :( I have had torches look great and double in size over the span of months then just catch BJD and be gone in a few days. If you take it out of the tank with the pumps off and it's nothing but brown slimy muck and smells terrible then it is BJD. Can wipe out Euphyllia within days so try not to let the slimy stuff come off when removing the skeleton.

I keep cipro on hand now just in case.
Had zero smell and no brown slimy stuff.

TankCandy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   1
It looks like it was stung or got into a fight. Whats near it? At night the sweepers can get extremely long. Thats kinda the same efect i get when a frag falls into another frag over night. Hermits and snails are usually to blame.

OP
OP
Matt Winstead

Matt Winstead

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like it was stung or got into a fight. Whats near it? At night the sweepers can get extremely long. Thats kinda the same efect i get when a frag falls into another frag over night. Hermits and snails are usually to blame.
Nothing was near it

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 25.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 30.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back