Torches are dying

Floyd-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same issue! All my other LPS and softies are doing great but I lost one torch and the other doesnt extend much at all. Nothing is near it stinging and all the parameters are spot on.
Odd that everything is thriving but the torches. Hammer and frogspawn are doing the best I have ever seen.

ELChingonsReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used the kung-fu coral dip. Danny is a friend of mine. I can vouch for its success in healing euphillia acans scollys and other lps corals. I saved my 500$ rainbow acan from death using the KFC dip. I saved a 24k Malaysian torch and a red scolly . Go to kung-fu corals website and download the recipe. IT WORKS . It's been a savior for me.

rueric

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How far past have you healed the euphyllia using the kfc dip?
i've got a torch whos already started to lose flesh and polyps.. looks like it may already be dead

rueric

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i've got a torch whos already started to lose flesh and polyps.. looks like it may already be dead

MartinM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LPS are prone to bacterial infections, also. There’s lots of info on R2R about treating with low dose antibiotics. You might try this in a QT tank in the future.

ELChingonsReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once the mouth is gone it's harder to save the torch.. caching the infection early is key to success. Once you start seeing your torch not opening very often dip with KFC dip immediately. Even If its not sick the dip won't hurt it. Usually when the torch is sick it will not open all the way.. tentacles will curl up and the mouth will gape . The tentacles will also look deflated and skinny . It's normal for torches to close sometimes but not for long periods of time and not often.

feelnlikemike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think my torch is dying can it be saved?
6928261F-97DE-41DF-8F22-6882D9C896BF.jpeg

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always a chance at that point. Make sure nothing is bothering it and move up a bit in lowish/medium flow. Looks like the nem behind is a bit off too. Maybe it is just lights on or off time though.

Back