Totions's 36 gallon bowfront

Today I tossed my my spare mag 30 into the tank to stir up detritus. I used a filter sock to catch it. Also scrubbed some algae with a toothbrush. The tank is lookin way better.

IMG_20151018_041121.jpg
 
It has been a while, and I'm fighting green hair algae now. I did a 3 day blackout not too long ago, and the diatomaceous perished to hopefully never return. Still have some stuff I need to do this right, but the list won't be worked on until after Christmas sometime.

image-20151120_201908.jpg
 
Did some major algae pulling today. I need an ats. And a rodi filter

Ball of algae I pulled.

IMG_20151122_203101.jpg


Coralline algae growing!

IMG_20151122_202913.jpg


The results of algae pulling

IMG_20151122_202908.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new