tough inverts

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what inverts will survive a tetragorid scorp a hawkfish and a filefish and arent super cryptic, im not talking about like snails and things, i have hermits and snails, i was thinking conchs and mabye like a arrow crab or smth

Onewolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A Spiny King Crab would be a tough Hombre in a tank.

spiney_king_crab.jpg

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s the exact size and stocking of the tank? Any particular jobs you want done?
no jobs. i have talked about it in my 20 long thread, i think its in my profile. i have a hawk and a tetragorid scorp which could be predatory to anything small. i was considering an arrow crab cause they are big or mabye like a sea cucumber and things. i want some stuff thats free living and uniuqe not like just 50 scarlet reef crabs and 50 snails or whatever live aquaria says

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no jobs. i have talked about it in my 20 long thread, i think its in my profile. i have a hawk and a tetragorid scorp which could be predatory to anything small. i was considering an arrow crab cause they are big or mabye like a sea cucumber and things. i want some stuff thats free living and uniuqe not like just 50 scarlet reef crabs and 50 snails or whatever live aquaria says
Tetragorid scorp? Is that the brackish one?
That and your hawk get to about 3 inches I think, so assume anything around 3 inches or larger is safe. Pistol may work, it hides often. Large brittle stars. No experience with arrow crab so I can’t comment there.
Hermits are some of the best options for small predators though, as they have the shell that provides a defense against them. Not to mean they are 100% safe, but obviously better off than a small shrimp.
Do not get a cucumber. That tank is way to small to avoid being nuked by it.

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tetragorid scorp? Is that the brackish one?
That and your hawk get to about 3 inches I think, so assume anything around 3 inches or larger is safe. Pistol may work, it hides often. Large brittle stars. No experience with arrow crab so I can’t comment there.
Hermits are some of the best options for small predators though, as they have the shell that provides a defense against them. Not to mean they are 100% safe, but obviously better off than a small shrimp.
Do not get a cucumber. That tank is way to small to avoid being nuked by it.
they are euhyraline

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me ask, what exactly do you have in mind? Easier to come up with suggestions when there are more guidelines.
One problem is that many of the things that aren’t threatened by the fish, can be a threat to the fish and corals.
Also, how old is the tank? Many things should not be added until at least a year in.

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me ask, what exactly do you have in mind? Easier to come up with suggestions when there are more guidelines.
One problem is that many of the things that aren’t threatened by the fish, can be a threat to the fish and corals.
Also, how old is the tank? Many things should not be added until at least a year in.
i dunno just cool free living inverts that arent super cryptic. i have tons and tons of pods and algae for stuff to eat and phytoplankton, i have mussels that are reproducing and a living sponge. my tanks 2 months old rn

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they are euhyraline
they are the same family as the rooster scorp you like a lot
Noevespicula depressifrons right? I like these guys. From what I’ve researched, they tolerate full marine, but do best at much lower salinities (1.010-1.015).
i dunno just cool free living inverts that arent super cryptic. i have tons and tons of pods and algae for stuff to eat and phytoplankton, i have mussels that are reproducing and a living sponge. my tanks 2 months old rn
At 2 months, I’d hold off on adding anything else right now. Too early for most of the delicate inverts, and from what I’ve seen you are currently having coral trouble. Take a break on adding for at least a month.
When the time comes, you might be able so get one of the non pairing pistols (just look for the type that doesn’t kill fish), they hide a lot but have a huge presence in a tank.
Most of the inverts that can survive a predator will be rather cryptic, if they were out in the open they wouldn’t survive.

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noevespicula depressifrons right? I like these guys. From what I’ve researched, they tolerate full marine, but do best at much lower salinities (1.010-1.015).

At 2 months, I’d hold off on adding anything else right now. Too early for most of the delicate inverts, and from what I’ve seen you are currently having coral trouble. Take a break on adding for at least a month.
When the time comes, you might be able so get one of the non pairing pistols (just look for the type that doesn’t kill fish), they hide a lot but have a huge presence in a tank.
Most of the inverts that can survive a predator will be rather cryptic, if they were out in the open they wouldn’t survive.
yeah i aint getting anything super soon. im gonna order some carbon or phos gaurd when i get home

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back