Toys For Kids 2015! Let's buy toys for needy children! (ended)

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you for your support! We are planning to stop donations early Thursday so we can shop but if we need more time we will extend to Friday morning!

traumajeff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in for a couple of bucks. Wasn't much, but I split my love between a few different charitable organizations this year. Nice job @revhtree ! I'm sure this will put some smiles on some faces!

Posted on my local board too... hopefully it'll bring some more love!

Last edited:
OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Woo Hoo we're on our way thanks to you awesome reefers! Thank you!!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Added $100 to the cause. It feels great to give! I'll add an additional $5 donation for each new person that donates between now and 6PM Pacific time today - Step up to the challenge and make your donation count!

That's so great and thank you!!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks to everyone for doing what you can so big or small! The kindness of your heart is evident in any amount that you give. I am thankful.

Marta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember a year when I made a Christmas tree out of construction paper taped to the window and made yarn braids for my girls to put their hair pins on...it was still a great Christmas, but I know they were disappointed. Christmas is all about giving what you can, so being in a better place today (thank goodness), I'm a triple doner for this great cause! The amount isn't what matters, it's knowing you're going to help a little child who doesn't understand economics be able to have a little something under the tree...

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember a year when I made a Christmas tree out of construction paper taped to the window and made yarn braids for my girls to put their hair pins on...it was still a great Christmas, but I know they were disappointed. Christmas is all about giving what you can, so being in a better place today (thank goodness), I'm a triple doner for this great cause! The amount isn't what matters, it's knowing you're going to help a little child who doesn't understand economics be able to have a little something under the tree...

Great story!
Glad you experience better times now.
Merry Christmas to you and your Girls.

Jlobes

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are at 72.66% and racing down the track to reach $7500!!
Happy to see that we have 77 Members step up to this great cause.

slowly but surely, we getting there! Im gonna make another donation, before the deadline.
Heck, I wish as many people would respond to this thread and make a donation, as the number of folks playing along for a "free" WWC pack. Everyone posts and makes sure to be there for a giveaway or contest, but try to do something for others and its like.... :crickets: $25 isnt much in the reef hobby, but can go quite a ways to make some childrens holidays better and brighter. folks got no problem dropping $250 for a frag, but cant spare 20 for a good cause. even with all the "rewards".
:/

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Heck, I wish as many people would respond to this thread and make a donation, as the number of folks playing along for a "free" WWC pack. Everyone posts and makes sure to be there for a giveaway or contest, but try to do something for others and its like.... :crickets: $25 isnt much in the reef hobby, but can go quite a ways to make some childrens holidays better and brighter. folks got no problem dropping $250 for a frag, but cant spare 20 for a good cause. even with all the "rewards".
:/

Same with the groups I'm in on Facebook that I posted a link to this thing we do here every year.
I see a lot of people posting a bunch of "Likes". But what the h ell good does that do if they don't make even a minimum donation.
Then I see people scrambling to get in line to get $100+ per polyp frags.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%

Back