Trace color A,B,C,&D question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it safe to mix equal parts of all the trace color parts, add them to a container and use one dosing pump?

No. If you want to dose them, then you need four separate dosing heads. A decent number of people manually dose the colors once a week, and use their doser to maintain the big 3 (Alk,Ca,Mg).

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. If you want to dose them, then you need four separate dosing heads. A decent number of people manually dose the colors once a week, and use their doser to maintain the big 3 (Alk,Ca,Mg).
+1 that’s exactly what I do

If you mix them together I believe they will ‘react’

OP
OP
Reefs anonymous

Reefs anonymous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve mixed them and added the total to the tank and not see and negative effects, however I did not let the mixture stand for more than an hour or so. Just wondering if it would go bad over a longer period of time, or if someone else has done this.

reefluvrr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it safe to mix equal parts of all the trace color parts, add them to a container and use one dosing pump?

I was thinking of the same exact question..before I decided to buy another doser. Thanks for asking this question.

OP
OP
Reefs anonymous

Reefs anonymous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I add them to my ato tank. All at once along with kalk.
How long have you been doing this and how do you like the results? How did you calculate how much to put into your ato? I don’t have any more space in my cabinet and am not fortunate like others to have a closet behind my tank or a basement in my house. Looking for alternative ranther than buying another gadget, and putting equipment outside my cabinet. Thx

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been doing it for about 6 months. I'm guessing it's working. Figuring out how much to put in is a challenge. Don't care how you put it in. Your supposed to calculate on how much all and calcium the corals use. To be honest, I play the guessing game with it. I put in 1 mil of each in a five gallon container.

OP
OP
Reefs anonymous

Reefs anonymous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been doing it for about 6 months. I'm guessing it's working. Figuring out how much to put in is a challenge. Don't care how you put it in. Your supposed to calculate on how much all and calcium the corals use. To be honest, I play the guessing game with it. I put in 1 mil of each in a five gallon container.

Unless your tank is a nano, or your pumping serious gallons of ato in, that’s not much at all. On my 50 gallon tank I calculated 1ml/day of each a,b,c,&d using the instruction and ca consumption my tank uses. I usually 1/2 the dose of any calculation too because I really don’t test for minor trace elements. Thanks for your info tho, as it does help. I’m seriously considering doing what you are doing OR adding just one BRS dosing pump and mix all in one container.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is 150 gallons. I go through 5 gallons of ATO in about two days. I only add a tablespoon of kalk to the ATO each time. I have a lot of small corals that are growing.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back