Trace Elements/chemicals

stephenm894

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two corals a glove polyp and a goniopora. They are In a 24 gallon tank with a pair of clowns and some hermits. I was just wondering what trace elements chemicals I need to Ensure that I have the healthiest corals on the block! Please and Thankyou!

25473D65-A106-4D27-AD30-186500961D76.jpeg

Jaden9933

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two corals a glove polyp and a goniopora. They are In a 24 gallon tank with a pair of clowns and some hermits. I was just wondering what trace elements chemicals I need to Ensure that I have the healthiest corals on the block! Please and Thankyou!

25473D65-A106-4D27-AD30-186500961D76.jpeg
You’re best bet is to rely on regular water changes to replenish trade elements and vitamins! I’d recommend using Red Sea (blue bucket if planning to keep only LPS and softies) and you’ll have great results! I personally bought the Pro salt before reading into the blue bucket which does just as amazing

OP
OP
stephenm894

stephenm894

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’re best bet is to rely on regular water changes to replenish trade elements and vitamins! I’d recommend using Red Sea (blue bucket if planning to keep only LPS and softies) and you’ll have great results! I personally bought the Pro salt before reading into the blue bucket which does just as amazing
Thanks for the info!

sghera64

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If in a year or so you do an ICP, look at your Mo, Mn, and Sr levels for Goniopora. Beyond that and water changes, adding Randy Holmes-Farley's iron supplement is a safe option as iron is rapidly depleted from our systems. You will likely see that in your ICP results. I have a 200 Gal system and I add 1mL of his iron supplement each day - - but I also have a chaeto refugium (iron sucker).

Keep us posted on the Gonio growth. I have 6 Goni's in my system and I do add Mo, Mn, Sr. When I stop, they can become light sensitive after about 3-4 months.

One more thing: Goni's need to eat. yes they do! I feed mine Reef Roids, but you can use Reef Chilli or other nutrient packed zooplankton. I feed 3-7 times each week. Keeping the tank well stocked with fish can help in the feeding dept.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 118 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back