Trace elements

Eoka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been running into alot of trace element problems and having corals not do well because of it. I was wondering your thoughts on red sea trace elements c. Or any other options I'm just worried about over dosing.

PBar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
Answering your question, the Red Sea Trace elements is indeed a good product and rather easy to dose it (see their website).
They indicate how much you need to dose based on your tank consumption (calcium)

If you allow me, just one small remark: in general, it is very unlikely to have issues in the tank due to trace elements.
You can easily maintain a rather full packed tank with only Kalkwasser and water changes without any problem (many did it over years in the past).

Trace elements would be a concern only if you have an extreme packed tank with no water changes.

Let me know if you need something!
Cheers!

Erric78

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been running into alot of trace element problems and having corals not do well because of it. I was wondering your thoughts on red sea trace elements c. Or any other options I'm just worried about over dosing.
It's a very good product, never experienced any issues using it

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're performing regular water changes every couple of weeks it is probable that you don't actually need to add any trace elements.

If you decide to give them a go, just remember that less better than too much.

Personally, when I tried trace element additives, I didn't see any visible difference other than an increase in problem algae.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe you can share some pics of your tank and the corals, and maybe share your water parameters. I agree with above, very unlikely the tank is running low on trace elements, likely something else is bothering your corals.

OP
OP
E

Eoka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe you can share some pics of your tank and the corals, and maybe share your water parameters. I agree with above, very unlikely the tank is running low on trace elements, likely something else is bothering your corals.
My parameters are
Kh- 9
Calc- 430
Mag- 1400
Nitrates and phosphates are low I haveny tested in awhile
Idk what the problem could be other than trace.
I use kalkwasser and red sea foundation calcium

Attachments

• 20231112_175123.mp4
    7.7 MB
  • 20231106_170242.mp4
    11.4 MB
  • 20231106_170414.mp4
    12.6 MB
  • 20231025_122244.mp4
    5.8 MB

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about the other three, A, B, and D?
What’s your water volume?

Used RS trace program for 18 months, no problems, but, can’t say I see anything miraculous.

OP
OP
E

Eoka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about the other three, A, B, and D?
What’s your water volume?

Used RS trace program for 18 months, no problems, but, can’t say I see anything miraculous.
I just use kalkwasser for my kh and I do weekly water changes but I'm seeing problems with my corals if I don't do 2 water changes a week which makes me think it's a trace problem

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just use kalkwasser for my kh and I do weekly water changes but I'm seeing problems with my corals if I don't do 2 water changes a week which makes me think it's a trace problem
What size is the tank and what is your water change amount?

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fine but what about MG?
How is that being restored?

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
120g and 20g sump but it's proubably around 110g of water
Okay, well if you have a lightly stocked tank and are changing 10g every couple of weeks you're very unlikely to have a trace element deficiency.

How are you checking salinity?

OP
OP
E

Eoka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, well if you have a lightly stocked tank and are changing 10g every couple of weeks you're very unlikely to have a trace element deficiency.

How are you checking salinity?
Calibrated refractometer

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 107 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.5%
Back