Trachyphyllia stressed?

  • Thread starter Thread starter sumpreef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

sumpreef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 29, 2026
Messages
60
Reaction score
10
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have had this trachyphyllia for about 8weeks now. In the beginning, it would throws its tentacles out at night often but recently I have not seen it much. I have seen its mouth more however. The color looks good and it hasn’t shriveled up or anything. Just wanted to see if you think this is healthy or if it’s getting stressed

Alk stays at this level slowly trying to raise it by 0.1 every few days. I have attached a full tank photo as well. The other corals are doing well


20260527_173307_85599F84-C777-449F-899A-B3E94E573829.png


20260527_173307_4169E4A1-C9D8-4D9A-B71A-450837666ABF.png


20260527_173307_4E925613-0BA8-4C91-A275-B2F21C8B5C50.png
 
How is the flow on it? It doesn't like flow, I mean like none at all. IME it is very hard to find a spot that makes the trachy happy.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 48 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new