• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

TRADE GONE BAD - GUY35199

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BBoley24

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Guy35199

GUY

A trade gone bad.

I'll preface this by saying that I understand the risk of trading. 9 trades out of 10 have gone great for me.

I traded him a large Frankenstein bounce for a bunch of higher end zoanthids.

My Frankenstein gets there perfectly.

His frags arrive in 4 urine cups filled with frag plugs.

He literally picked up about 5-6 plugs and threw them in a tick cup and sent them to me.

These plugs are worth $100-$200 a piece.

Where the trade goes wrong. I call him out on his crappy shipping. I say they look like crap I hope they survive. I follow up and tell him only 3 survived. About $50-$75 worth of zoanthids. About $500-$600 died.

He gives me the cold shoulder.

Pictures are of the frags when taken from the cups and put in the tank.
MVIMG_20190129_131610.jpg
IMG_20190129_130440.jpg
IMG_20190129_130427.jpg
MVIMG_20190129_131549.jpg
MVIMG_20190129_131545.jpg
MVIMG_20190129_131610.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
BBoley24

BBoley24

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Guy your profile shows you we're watching this thread. Just send replacements properly and all of this goes away.

guy35199

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not here to get into a match, so Im going to say what Im going to say. You were not an easy person to trade with and the bad part about feedback forums is its only one side of the story. Why don't you send all the texts how you called me shady, and I was the first one to ship my order first. You were the one taking pics saying you were going to back out when you blamed me for not shipping when you had the shipping number all along. You always seem to be the victim. Weren't you the one, less than a week ago, you had another incident calling somebody else out. Coincidence that you are always the one not to blame, and its always everybody elses fault. As far as warranty goes it only has a 2 hour doa not a week long , you can see by the texts the amount of time it was before asking to replace it. I also out of good faith sent you over 1k worth of zoas, which $600 made it alive- the colony of bam bam, volcanic zoos, hallucination, and 3 hyper jubilees. Whose to say the rest are still alive or your water parameters could have killed them. The other ones are probably stressed and need time to open(only dead if there melting) or it could be your water parameters out of whack, which unfortunately I cannot control that. Also I excepted your bounce when you had sent me a picture of how you bleached it which hurts the value but I excepted it none the less and its still recovering even today. Im not here to complain just to warn others that its not all peaches and cream with you and to beware starting a trade before you become the accused. Im not one to call others out but whoever reads this will now get both sides of the story. Again my apologies you felt you needed to stoop this low and put someone on blast when you need to look in the mirror first and look at your issues before blaming others. End of thread. Have a good day.

OP
OP
BBoley24

BBoley24

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This is good. It gives me another opportunity to shout it out. CISCOMANIA aka DJ KIM did take me for $400.

Bams volcanos and a fire thing hardly makes $600. You yourself said the mushroom looked beautiful when you got it. We shipped at the exact same time so done get that mixed up .

The idea that you think it's ok because enough of your coral made it that it's ok says what I needed to be said.

I wish it were peaches and cream. I've traded over 15 trades these last two weeks. You're the only one I've had issue with not working with me. You should be called out for it.

Don't play victim of bullying because you can't honor your horrible shipping.

OP
OP
BBoley24

BBoley24

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I posted the convo but they got deleted because it had his phone number on it.

OP
OP
BBoley24

BBoley24

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'll end up cropping it.

I'm bringing Adonis, delerium, master Krakatoa, and soon to be stratosphere on her to sell or trade. People like him don't realize that going forward he misses out on these things because he won't own up to his own mess.

I'm telling every person I deal with (2-3 different hobbyist/retailers per day) about the transactions with these people.

It's just not smart. Blacklisting yourself over something like this.

These actions are also an integral part of someone's personality. It's not just a trade on a hobbyist website. It's at work, at your home, it's your driving etiquette or how you deal with your neighbors. It isn't limited to a coral deal.

That's what I warned people about.

OP
OP
BBoley24

BBoley24

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Man I dont know why he did that. It baffles me why you think that's ok. I told him it was a bad way to ship and sent those pics to him when I had them in the tank. A few days later I told him almost all were dead w updated pics. He said I was too late. Something about my tank not being stable .

I have colonies of the highest end zoanthids in my tank. He shipped a Trainwreck and won't rectify.

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
REMINDER ABOUT FEEDBACK THREADS

The feedback forum is to be used by members giving feedback, and for both parties involved a chance to explain, defend, or solve an issue with a member. Outside comments will not be allowed by people not involved in the issue. This forum is not for rants and raves and venting. Post only facts about transactions. Any outside post from anyone who has nothing to do with the matter will be deleted by moderators. Posting of emails, text messages and private messages are allowed as long as ALL personal info (names, addresses, phone numbers, etc.) have been removed from the images.

OP
OP
BBoley24

BBoley24

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Mind you I recieved them on Tuesday, told him they were in bad shape and on Thursday told him they were all dead. Friday asked if he'd replace. You know the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back