Transporting Coral

  • Thread starter Thread starter ptrusk
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ptrusk

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 15, 2022
Messages
426
Reaction score
369
Location
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to transport some corals about an hour away by car. Some colonies of chalice, stylophora, monti caps, anacropora, mushrooms on rocks. I do not want to bag individually. They are all too large anyway. I am thinking just put them in the Styrofoam boxes that I have a plethora of from online orders with water and tape them shut. I am concerned about the sloshing on the trip beating the tick out of them. I also have empty salt buckets with lids I could use.

Am I over thinking this? Should I use just enough water to cover them of fill container to minimize sloshing?

Help me!!!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new