Transporting tank in truck

Ruckus16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan to purchase a 125RR this week. I will be traveling nearly hours.
The tank is 6' and will be riding in the bed of my truck. Should I put anything under the tank? Wrap it? Just looking for tips so it makes it home in one piece.

Lovemyreef2015

Reefing Mom!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a good idea. I'm sure it's not nearly as fragile as I think it is
It's really not, we moved a 125 in a little s10 pickup. I didn't drive crazy but there were bumps I couldn't avoid. The tank made it in one piece. Just make sure the straps are nice and tight

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I moved a 100 gallon, I used a thick blanket on the underside to keep it from rubbing against my plastic bed liner. That actually made it easier for it to slide around so I had to use whatever I had to cushion the sides. I had a couple of plastic tubs that I put around the sides and I used some ratchet straps to make a net of sorts to keep it from sliding back and forth. The ratchet straps had just enough tension on them to keep them in place but not enough to put unneeded stress on the tank. That worked just fine but I still had to drive slow and stay off the highway.

Next time I move a big one, I'm going to use a rubber mat on the bottom and might even take some wood and tools to frame it in somehow.

The biggest thing I would be worried about is it sliding when you accelerate or brake as well as it maybe trying to fall over on curves or tight turns.

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of that makes sense. I'm mostly worried about bumps being transferred through the bed. I may buy a sheet of foam to put under it and between the cab.
That would work too, I used an old mattress topper to move my 20 gallon one time on a cart and it soaked up a lot of the bumps.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 33 82.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back