Treating dry rock with Muriatic acid?

  • Thread starter Thread starter lsingh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I am not sure if I did it right or not but when I cure my dead rocks with acid, I put my rocks in a 5g bucket, I then add 3/4 tap water to the 5g, then I add 1/4 murriatic acid to the bucket. I let it sit in there for a whole day, next day I drain it down, wash each rock with a jet stream of water, then I put the rocks into a clean 5g bucket and fill it up with tap water let it sit for a few days, take it out and rinse it then let it air dry, when rocks are dried, I add it tk my tank.
 
Throw the rock in a tub of saltwater. Throw in a power head and a raw shrimp from the grocery store, then wait for it to cure. You dont need to run it through muriatic acid for curing.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new