Trick to Catching Wrasse and Other Quick Fish?

HardyG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like many, I spent a LOT of hours gluing my rocks up in an aquascape to try to create my own little reef. What I didn't think about was what I would do if I ever had to get something out.. My blue hippo tang started showing some sickly signs, so I pulled all fish out for a QT regiment and to fallow the DT. Everything was out quickly EXCEPT Mr. Cleaner Wrasse. He is faster than a Ferrari and smarter than his owner (not saying much). I tried all of the tricks I could find on Youtube and Reef2Reef and it just wouldn't work based on my epoxied aquascape and his quickness without ordering a trap that would take days to get here and delay my fallow.

The solution I found:
In a Youtube Video I found the idea that red lights will disorient fish. I was at a point where I would try anything. I flipped the lights off pitch black in the room and then blasted my radions on full red at 100%. Too my surprise I was able to put one net against the front glass and the other to guide him in and IT WORKED. I had tried this 789456 times before this and never got close.. Coincidence? Maybe... But thought I would share with someone like me who needs one more idea!

Try this and see if it helps you as well. SO THANKFUL for the person who suggested that because I was out of options!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 145 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.6%
Back