Trident failing test DIY FIX

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Cabinetman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my trident after a month or my trident started to fail test. I tried everything I could think of. Made sure the reagents were full and made sure the feed line was ok. Now because I run a tank without filter socks there’s a fair bit of debris in my water and the area I was drawing water from has some micro bubbles as well so I moved it to a different location in my sump and sure enough it started testing without failing again. So, I figured i would take it to the next level and provide my trident with the cleanest possible water I could. So last night I hucklebucked a filter using a filter that was on a denitrator I had laying around. I feed that water into a water bottle and put the intake for the trident into it. Since doing this my test have become much more stable in that my results from test to test don’t jump all over the place like it was before. So if any of you are having issues with your trident I’d try something like this. This is better than having a filter on the end of the tridents intake because there’s no worry about it testing water that was trapped in the filter because the bottle is contstantly being refilled with fresh clean bubble free tank water

4A7674F2-357E-4CBB-A723-375D0CFC6C7D.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cabinetman

Cabinetman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to follow up. Since implementing this my trident has been crazy consistent. Scary consistent tbh. The last few calcuim
/ mag test havnt budged one point and the dkh changed by 2. So after a few test like that I added a bit of calcium and added more top off water than it usually does by turning my ato on despite my ph being above 8.2. ( I have my ato set to only come on if my ph is below that.). Well the next test my calcium rose by 25 .. mag stayed the same and alk rose by .2. All this after failing every other test for quite a while. The thing is working perfect now. If anyone is experiencing failed test or wild swings in results I’d definitely recommend trying something like this.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was something I proposed months ago about, that Neptune should sell a pre filter system for the trident.

tankstudy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes you just need to pull out the black chord that connects to the trident and restart.

juarec0201

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This post had given me an idea to keep the trident line away from as much debits as possible. This is what I came up with. Hope it helps someone out. I just used a spare resin chamber ended up putting polyfill at the bottom with the water line under it. Just set it up! So far so good. Ignore the messy sump lol 4BFF75EA-C9EA-4488-A84E-63334E40725B.jpeg D64E2957-FF8D-411B-BB0E-765E7CE446F2.jpeg 7DFEC7A8-A843-4C88-8207-C50301D9D4E3.jpeg

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 28 30.4%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 22 23.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 23 25.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back