Trident Reagent

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neptune just announced today that they will begin shipping Trident reagent refills to online vendors such as BRS, and they will sell a 6-month pack for $99.99, so a big discount over the normal $44 for a 2-month supply.

See the announcement here at about 18 minutes into the live feed:

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Thanks for the link.

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neptune just announced today that they will begin shipping Trident reagent refills to online vendors such as BRS, and they will sell a 6-month pack for $99.99, so a big discount over the normal $44 for a 2-month supply.

That's definitely going to be the way to go to get the best price.
Didn't watch the video but I wonder if they'll be including multiple calibration solution bottles as well.

OP
OP
SuncrestReef

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's definitely going to be the way to go to get the best price.
Didn't watch the video but I wonder if they'll be including multiple calibration solution bottles as well.

I’m sure they’ll include multiple calibration bottles since they recommend recalibrating after changing reagents. But we’ll have to wait to see.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sure they’ll include multiple calibration bottles since they recommend recalibrating after changing reagents. But we’ll have to wait to see.
Has the leaking calibration fluid issue been resolved?

OP
OP
SuncrestReef

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has the leaking calibration fluid issue been resolved?

Yes, the last two boxes of reagents I've ordered have had no leaks, and I've seen others on the Neptune Facebook group confirming the same.

BigTex1836

Howdy from Houston
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I just wish that they would sell more Tridents! I am on multiple waiting lists

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spoke with one of the guys at my LFS the other day - he said Neptune promised them one a week and they’ve been getting one a week on most weeks, but sometimes they don’t get any. Given the ongoing demand, I’m guessing that Neptune is making them and shipping them out as quickly as they can, trying to spread them more or less evenly.

The other thing he commented was that they have never had any reagents or calibration solutions leaking in all the units they’ve received, so his guess is that it has to do with shipping and handling from the resellers rather than from Neptune. Maybe they’ve just been lucky, but that was his experience.

OP
OP
SuncrestReef

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spoke with one of the guys at my LFS the other day - he said Neptune promised them one a week and they’ve been getting one a week on most weeks, but sometimes they don’t get any. Given the ongoing demand, I’m guessing that Neptune is making them and shipping them out as quickly as they can, trying to spread them more or less evenly.

The other thing he commented was that they have never had any reagents or calibration solutions leaking in all the units they’ve received, so his guess is that it has to do with shipping and handling from the resellers rather than from Neptune. Maybe they’ve just been lucky, but that was his experience.

The leaking reagent bottles were not due to resellers. My Trident arrived from BRS with a bit of leakage. My next two reagent refills came directly from Neptune (since resellers don't yet carry reagent refills) and each time the bottles were packed inside ziplock bags and leaking. The last two reagent refills I received from Neptune were no longer packed in ziplock bags, and were not leaking. It appears they changed something about the bottle lids to prevent leakage.

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The leaking reagent bottles were not due to resellers. My Trident arrived from BRS with a bit of leakage. My next two reagent refills came directly from Neptune (since resellers don't yet carry reagent refills) and each time the bottles were packed inside ziplock bags and leaking. The last two reagent refills I received from Neptune were no longer packed in ziplock bags, and were not leaking. It appears they changed something about the bottle lids to prevent leakage.
Sounds like my LFS was just lucky, then. Like I said, they've been getting about one a week, so not a ton. It may be that the shipping to retailers is handled differently than the smaller shipments to individuals, too. Either way, the packaging needs to be able to stand up to the shipping.

Maximus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just ordered the 6 months supply but had a question about the calibration fluid. I wonder if the calibration fluid would be good for 6 months? Does it include one large bottle of calibration fluid or multiple bottles?

U

User1

View Badges
I like the idea of the 6 month supply. Really brings the price down.

Is the supply tied to expiration dates? I'm guessing if you run the minimum daily tests it would all work out in the end, right?

OP
OP
SuncrestReef

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered the 6 months supply but had a question about the calibration fluid. I wonder if the calibration fluid would be good for 6 months? Does it include one large bottle of calibration fluid or multiple bottles?
From the BRS website:

What's Included?
6x Reagent A
3x Reagent B
3x Reagent C
3x Seawater Calibration Sample

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 195 70.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 21 7.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 51 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 2.9%
Back