Trident Reagents B & C Empty; Reagent A at 42%. What now?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also.... if there seems to be a good amount (more than normal for your T) make sure the pickup tube is hanging straight down from the cap. With the pass thru design it’s possible for it to hang a few degrees in one direction or the other which could cause it to prematurely start getting skewed results. Possible as well that the tube is getting pushed out of plumb when sliding the drawer shut.
I put a small piece of painters tape on the tube to secure it to the cap. Then I just twist the bottle away from the top instead of the cap from bottle, so far it’s consistently getting to 18-20% before results jump from low reagents. 3 B/C reagent changes since semi-securing the tube/cap

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the advice guys. Another thing. I replaced all reagents around 8 pm last night. I noticed this morning and it only tested Alk at 12 am and 6 am. It was supposed to test all three at 12 am. What’s going on? Why it didn’t test cal and mag too at 12 am?

Dwanner33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I click on the word trident on my main apex screen. Then under reset I select the regent I am replacing. Hit the up load icon and done.
FBD8C733-E823-4665-82FA-5E612B6601C2.jpeg

[/QUOTE
This is exactly how it’s supposed to be done!

U

User1

View Badges
And to expand on this further.

What you are experiencing is normal to have that much Alk when Ca/Mg are empty. This reasoning is because some customers will have their Alk ranging from 7.5 to 12+. Customers with lower ranges of Alk will have more leftover of reagent A then a customer that have higher Alk readings. This is not set in stone but on average if you are running 7-9.5 then you will have > 50% & is you are running 9.5-12 then you will have < 50% of reagent A left over. (this excludes if you are not doing manual testing, etc.

Great point!

Scubadoo4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, my 2 cents....when I change ALL reagents I go to Neptune Systems/MODIFIED reagent replacement instructions which tells you to go to Task Icon in Apex Fusion, and follow to change out reagents, then run 3 combined tests to check precision of all 3 then after completion run the calibration. Also I was told to sit calibration fluid so botoom of uptake line is at it's normal height level as it would be in tank/sump. I am not the manufacturer/developer so I don't Modify the instructions but follow them to a 'T'. The only issue I have noticed, with kh, my Trident readings are 0.4-5 lower than what my Hanna tester gives me, I calibrate the Hanna periodically , and that makes me wonder about which test is correct?!? Otherwise I have been running Trident for about a 1 year now and set up DOS running in conjunction with Trident about 2-3 months ago and my testing levels are straight lines. kh floats between 8-8.5 but the variation is about 0.2 swing. I just have to leave it alone for a bit and let it do it's job because in the beginning I was impatient and kept f****ing with it causing chaos, my tank is best left to it's own devices due to the fact that my tweeking does no good at all!!!!

Last edited:

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After I changed ALL of the reagents, my Alk test are not weird anymore. It is normal now.

When the Alk tests were completed with empty reagent B and C, I got the same exact test results two consecutive in a row and it doesn’t show the normal amount even after I dosed some Alk. This shows that I don’t think we should be running Alk test by itself with empty reagent B and C.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 54 77.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back