Trident Sample Line clearing Tip

Staplesofficewar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Just unplugged two sample lines. Not sure if this as been tried (surely it has) but I tried a syringe to push water through them. No go. I then took a rolling pin and lightly rolled the length of the tube. I could hear crunching sounds. I then was able to blow the micro kidney stones out. Filled tube with vinegar and rinsed with RO. Maybe this will save someone.

Reefer Matt

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just unplugged two sample lines. Not sure if this as been tried (surely it has) but I tried a syringe to push water through them. No go. I then took a rolling pin and lightly rolled the length of the tube. I could hear crunching sounds. I then was able to blow the micro kidney stones out. Filled tube with vinegar and rinsed with RO. Maybe this will save someone.
Good tip! They also have filters for the sample line now to help when getting crud in the tube.

bakbay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I flushed mine out with a Dewalt tire pump -- compressed air.

What's the trick to fill it with vinegar, considering that it's a tiny tube - syringe?

OP
OP
Staplesofficewar

Staplesofficewar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I flushed mine out with a Dewalt tire pump -- compressed air.

What's the trick to fill it with vinegar, considering that it's a tiny tube - syringe?
Yea I have these neat little syringes
image.jpg

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 65 30.5%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 59 27.7%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 44 20.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 43 20.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back