Triggers with derasa clams can it be done!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ubans13
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ubans13

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 19, 2016
Messages
421
Reaction score
270
Location
Philadelphia, Pa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently have a niger trigger fish. Very good with all corals and fish. Fed very well. Would love to add a derasa clam! What are the chances he leaves it alone. Does anyone currently keep this combination? Or is this a pipe dream!
 
A niger is the trigger most likely to be fine with a clam, as they are primarily planktivores.
 
My yellow tang likes to slurp on mine once in awhile. I almost got a nice bluethroat a few days ago and decided not to because of my clam. my daughter would lose it if a fish ate it.
 
My Picasso doesn't touch my clam....I have also kept Niger's in a reef with clams without any issues. Triggers are tricky though.....it definitely varies from fish to fish.
 
Not sure if it matters but my 2 clams were in the tank before my 2 triggers. If I was adding a clam with a trigger I would probably do it at night when the trigger is snoozing just to be sure it didn't think it was food.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new