Trimming Zoa?

arranms96

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys,

To Zoa at the back of this rock started out as a little 4 head frag and has quickly grown our of control and is beginning to kill off my other Zoa's

Is there a way from me to trim is back and get rid of some of the heads without killing myself or my tank?
2021-04-23_16.20.32_25.jpg

2021-04-23 17.04.38.jpg

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put on some gloves and goggles and go to work with a scalpel/razor blade (if you can get some flexible blade scalpels they make it much easier in my opinion)

ReeferBean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you remove the rock? Remount the other corals. That would be the best way. It would be difficult to do in the tank.

MohH

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your are going to cut those “devil eyes” out of the water make sure you wear eye protection... maybe a face shield and some thick rubber gloves.if u are going to do it under water long rubber gloves and run carbon for toxins. Needless to say i will never again keep those things.

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your are going to cut those “devil eyes” out of the water make sure you wear eye protection... maybe a face shield and some thick rubber gloves.if u are going to do it under water long rubber gloves and run carbon for toxins. Needless to say i will never again keep those things.

LOL sound like a big fan :)

I look at them like GSP. If you like them enough then maybe you willing to put up with trimming them every 45 minutes! I actually do like them that much. In high light I think they are awesome looking palys.

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Remove rock. Hammer and chisel or a dremel. Some protection for your eyes is required and start removing the parts of the rock they are attached to. Keep a piece for your self. Keep it away from all other rocks. Sell, trade, or give away the rest

MohH

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL sound like a big fan :)

I look at them like GSP. If you like them enough then maybe you willing to put up with trimming them every 45 minutes! I actually do like them that much. In high light I think they are awesome looking palys.
I used to like them... until i had some overgrowing a rock ... which i tried to trim ...long story short i got a little squirt in my right eye... first day it was bloodshot... second day i couldn't open it ... and and to be taken to the ER... that was another story trying to explain to them what it was that causes the problem... anywho after about a week it started opening and after a few weeks the blurred vision went away... i am thankful my sight went back to normal

Terry Le

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to like them... until i had some overgrowing a rock ... which i tried to trim ...long story short i got a little squirt in my right eye... first day it was bloodshot... second day i couldn't open it ... and and to be taken to the ER... that was another story trying to explain to them what it was that causes the problem... anywho after about a week it started opening and after a few weeks the blurred vision went away... i am thankful my sight went back to normal
That serous man. Glad you ok

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back