Triple Budding on my single head Duncan?!?

MrMorningstar

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 2, 2025
Messages
51
Reaction score
40
Location
East Sussex
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is about 7 months old, I got this Duncan a few months ago and it’s been very happily taking mysis shrimp out of water column every other day. I’d say it’s settled now. I think I am noticing my first buds. But three at once!! I am so excited I went and told everyone in my house.

Do these photos look like budding?

One is clearly much more developed than other two.

IMG_4899.jpeg IMG_4900.jpeg
 
Congrats man. Mine did exactly the same thing. A bunch at once. Looks like the same going on there. Here’s a pic with of the buds showing. They are all around the base.

IMG_0606.jpeg
 
Congrats man. Mine did exactly the same thing. A bunch at once. Looks like the same going on there. Here’s a pic with of the buds showing. They are all around the base.

IMG_0606.jpeg
That looks absolutely awesome, I am very excited now haha!
 
They will often grow 3-4 new polyps at once. And then those polyps will grow 3-4 polyps, and so on..... it gets large quite fast
Thanks for your reply, I didn’t even know it was possible for more than one at a time until today lol!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new