Triton and a KH Guardian Alkalinity Doser

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Oberst Oswald

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the KH alk doser as an example, other products are coming, could one of these work when using the full Triton system? Listening to Joe's talk from the NY show he mentioned that alk changes from day to night, putting your hands in the tank and doing any kind of maintenance that causes stress to corals & fish. I would think a Guardian would help keep the alk more stable when the alk drops. I have a hard time keeping my alk from over/under shooting and trying to keep that perfect 8. What do you think?...

sphiliplim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I am using the KHGuardian controller.
The log data shows your tank kh reading over a 24hr period. You will be able to know when kh is being consumed during the 24hr period; in my case, kh is consumed during the main photoperiod of the tank. With this information, I am now dosing 3a and 3b during the main photoperiod.

Cheers,
Philip

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The log data shows your tank kh reading over a 24hr period. You will be able to know when kh is being consumed during the 24hr period; in my case, kh is consumed during the main photoperiod of the tank. With this information, I am now dosing 3a and 3b during the main photoperiod

This makes sense. If you want Alk stability, then you dose during the day. If you want pH stability, you would dose at night. There are other ways to improve pH stability (reverse light macro-algae).

Philip, how long have you had the controller and would you recommend it to others? [i.o.w., would you buy it again?]

sphiliplim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This makes sense. If you want Alk stability, then you dose during the day. If you want pH stability, you would dose at night. There are other ways to improve pH stability (reverse light macro-algae).

Philip, how long have you had the controller and would you recommend it to others? [i.o.w., would you buy it again?]

Hi,
I am using it for about 2 weeks already.
Can't comment on your last point as I am the distributor for this product in Singapore.

Cheers,
Philip

maxwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
I am using a KH guardian and a dastaco calc reactor,I don't understand in one of the previous posts he says he's dosing as I thought the point of the guardian was to monitor and dose as mine is doing .I have the guardian set point at 7.5KH and gradually reduced the dastaco to under that and it lets the guardian fine tune the dosing.My average over the 24hrs is roughly 7.37KH .
Bill

maxwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here you go over a 7 day period , the table shows when and how much it doses .
Bill

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 55 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back