Triton method with Mostly softies some LPS, no refugium

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Timrpn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Triton users,

I am considering maybe trying the Triton method or other methods I guess, but not sure how it will work.

I currently have a 75 Gal tank with mostly softies and some LPS corals. My sump is a Aqueon ProFlex sump model 2. I have a no room for a refugium. I have a protein skimmer in the middle compartment and it takes up pretty much the whole thing.

Would the triton method work for me to keep everything in line?

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Triton method as your discovering is based on using a refugium.
The Core 7 other methods are based on no refugium.
What I can tell you is my temp tank is running Core 7 with no refugium no sump, no skimmer.
My paramiters are stable and the few corals I do have are growing.
I even noticed three spots of Montipora growing from broken off fragments.
That said who knows as every tank is different.

The Triton method works, and work well.
So I would generally say go for it.

Julian@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We believe that anything that maintains Alkalinity and stability in your aquarium is a good thing for all animals being cared for. Actually some delicate fish require this level of stability to keep them free from stress.

You will have uptake of specific elements in your filter and within the live rock so this will also help to maintain a good balance. Your consumption will not be as high as an SPS system with high calcium, magnesium and alkalinity demands but this will only mean that your costs are lower.

TRITON ICP-OES and TRITON N-DOC Lab Tests will ensure that you do not have any unwanted contaminants in your system and will help avoid nutrient imbalance and potential for nuisance algae and cyanobacteria outbreaks. Over time a stable tank will also take on a more natural appearance with coralline algae growth covering all of the rock surfaces like you observe on healthy reefs.

Back