Flow for lps/softies

Calireefer92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey reefers I have a 60x30x24 I have some lps and softies what would be the best flow setting? I have 2 Nero 7 and 2 Red Sea wave45. I was just running my 2 Nero 7 only and my lfs store said that’s not enough flow for my tank with just those 2 so I put back the Red Sea one on. Both side of the tank and the Nero’s on the back wall. Would really appreciate the help and advice. It seems like I have to much flow in my tank now

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats not easy to answer. Leathers like high flow, other softies and lps like medium flow, and other softies like mushrooms like very low flow.

I think its more about positioning the coral in the right spot in your tank, rather than trying to adjust the flow to accommodate such a broad range of corals.

OP
OP
C

Calireefer92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats not easy to answer. Leathers like high flow, other softies and lps like medium flow, and other softies like mushrooms like very low flow.

I think its more about positioning the coral in the right spot in your tank, rather than trying to adjust the flow to accommodate such a broad range of corals.
So I run pulse mode on all 4 the red sea 45 are at 40 percent on both sides and the nero7 on the back are at 80 percent

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back