Trochus Snail Broken/Cracked Shell

wrassyreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 2, 2017
Messages
43
Reaction score
7
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will this regrow and heal? I don't think he is exposed in anyway. When I got it home from the LFS there was a round piece of his shell that had come off. I have an extra shell but not sure if they switch or if it grows with them.

Thanks!

Sorry for the bad pics:

5a9e924b75b8eec3e2236c48dbf84743.jpg


148eef877d74a712b33fffc947c73e97.jpg
 
Snails secrete their own shell out of calcium carbonate, so maintaining sufficient calcium and alkalinity should allow them to repair the shell.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new