Trochus snails under attack

Brian86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received an order of trochus snails in the mail. I acclimated them and put them in my tank. First, my cleaner shrimp flipped one and started to pick at it so I shooed him away. He came back again but after the second time of me moving him away, he left them alone, at least for now. Then, my nassarius snails started to attack them. They would flip them over and I’d see the trochus snail’s foot moving trying to get away. After separating a few nassarius snails from the trochus, I placed the trochus snails high up on the rock work to keep them away from the nassarius snails. I’ve never heard of nassarius snails doing this to living snails. Has anyone else had experience with this? If so, any recommendations? Thanks.

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It happens. You have some hungry shrimp and snails and heave found the fresh meat buffet. Feed your tank more is the best I can come up with now. Being that eager to eat the newcomers indicates these guys are hungry.

OP
OP
Brian86

Brian86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It happens. You have some hungry shrimp and snails and heave found the fresh meat buffet. Feed your tank more is the best I can come up with now. Being that eager to eat the newcomers indicates these guys are hungry.
I’m pretty sure I over feed as is, but I’ll try feeding some more to see if it helps. Thanks!

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your tank parameters now and what other inhabitants are in there?

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 69 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back