Tropic Eden Morroca Rock

EasternShoreman

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 7, 2024
Messages
108
Reaction score
108
Location
Maryland
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anyone out there using Tropic Eden Morroca Rock in their tank? I don't see much mention of it on R2R. Can anyone provide any real-world experience as to the quality, porosity etc. of the rock? Anyone have any Morroca Aquascape pics they can share?
 
There is a tread on this forum about it, look for it. Basically it is man made rock from some aragonite sand supposedly. It looks as if it is covered with corralline algae, but it is just pigment and as all dry rock it will go through sequence of ugly faze inevitably
 
I’m using it on my latest build. It’s extremely light and extremely porous. I can’t comment on whether the color will remain as seen. It’s probably the nicest dry rock I’ve ever encountered, fairly priced, shipped intact and available in many shapes / styles. They also have a moldable, color matching polymer that I used exclusively to fabricate my three bommies.😎
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0442.jpeg
    IMG_0442.jpeg
    124 KB · Views: 61
I use it and I like it a lot. Got a lot of rock for the amount of weight I ordered. Would definitely use it again. Check out my build thread for pics.
 
I’m using it on my latest build. It’s extremely light and extremely porous. I can’t comment on whether the color will remain as seen. It’s probably the nicest dry rock I’ve ever encountered, fairly priced, shipped intact and available in many shapes / styles. They also have a moldable, color matching polymer that I used exclusively to fabricate my three bommies.😎
Thank you for the review and Pic!
 
There is a tread on this forum about it, look for it. Basically it is man made rock from some aragonite sand supposedly. It looks as if it is covered with corralline algae, but it is just pigment and as all dry rock it will go through sequence of ugly faze inevitably
Thank You
 
My Morroca Rock arrived and I am beyond impressed. Amazing shape, porosity, and color. I plan to use 1/2 Morroca along with 1/2 TBS live rock and all TBS live sand for my next build. Cant wait to see how this comes together! Thanks again all!
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 33.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new