Tropic marin coral cure dip ratio?

PegasisR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Big E I read that you use this to dip acros and wanted to know what your ratio was for it? Thank you!

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi,

I followed the directions on the bottle. It will kill all pests but is rough on the acros...........it takes a few weeks for them to recover from the dip. It's not a product I would recommend for trying to break a life cycle of a pest doing multiple dips.

I've never experimented with lighter doses.

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We've lowered the dose and use 2ml Pro Coral Cure to 1000ml aquarium water. And dip for 5 minutes.

From what I've seen I works well, both for removing AEFW and the corals are not that affected. This was my go to dip at work for a couple of years, so we've used it a lot.

OP
OP
P

PegasisR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I followed the directions on the bottle. It will kill all pests but is rough on the acros...........it takes a few weeks for them to recover from the dip. It's not a product I would recommend for trying to break a life cycle of a pest doing multiple dips.

I've never experimented with lighter doses.

What would you recommend for dipping?

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I personally wouldn't use pro coral cure, but if you want to try it I'd use the lower dose Sallstrom suggested.

Fwiw, I use Melafix or Expel..............both are essentially the same product and safe to use. They aren't as potent if you use per the directions but work well enough.

OP
OP
P

PegasisR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally wouldn't use pro coral cure, but if you want to try it I'd use the lower dose Sallstrom suggested.

Fwiw, I use Melafix or Expel..............both are essentially the same product and safe to use. They aren't as potent if you use per the directions but work well enough.

Okay sweet, that's what I was looking to use aside from tmpcc :)

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 14.3%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 39 42.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 34 37.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back