Trouble dimming LED with Mean Well Driver via VDM

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Tft12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new to the VDM and dimming LEDs so I would like to lay out everything I've done and see if anyone can please tell me what the problem is.

I have an LED pendent that was sold as Apex Ready. It has a Mean Well HLG-120H-36B driver. That driver was three cords: 1 is the power cord, 1 connects to the LED pendant, and one has an RJ45 jack for connecting to the VDM module.

If I plug the light in without connecting the RJ45 to the VDM the light turns on at 100% intensity. If I plug the RJ45 into the VDM the intensity of the light appears to be about 10% of max.

I had initially intended to create three profiles: Sunrise, High noon, Sunset. But, since I ran into this issue with me not being able to control the light via the VDM I decided to first just get it the light to output 100% intensity when the RJ45 from the driver is connected to the VDM.

I am plugging the RJ45 from the driver into the V1/V2 port of the VDM. I have attached images of my driver, VDM, and screenshots of my programming.

Please let me know if you have any solutions to this. Thank you.

Capture 1.JPG
Capture 2.JPG
Capture 3.JPG
IMG_1828.jpg
IMG_1829.jpg

OP
OP
Tft12

Tft12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Problem solved. Had nothing to do with Apex or Apex programming. The cables that were sent to me to connect the driver to the VDM were pinned wrong.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back