Help - Drivers not working

dportero

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tldr: can't add new connectors. Seems something is wrong with the drivers

So I set up my reef-pi almost 4 years ago, and has been running since then, with only minor connection issues. Recently I have been unable to connect and at the suggestion of someone on github I was going to try a new SD card. I was unable to transfer the image of my setup to a new sd card. I did a fresh install following the adafruit guides, and restored from a backup from 3 years ago. Luckily I only made a few changes to the setup between then and now. I am using the Goby board https://www.tindie.com/products/ranthalion/ml-reef-pi-hat-goby/

However I am running into a few problems, and since its been so long since I set it up, I have forgotten a lot of what needs to be done.
The issue is: whenever I am trying to add something to the connectors, it gives me this error

1714057773207.png

Going to the inlets driver dropdown has no options
1714057886619.png

And the outlets driver dropdown only has the PCA9685 but no pins
1714057960848.png

1714057979023.png

I havent changed any hardware, so in theory I felt like everything should just work again. When I check i2cdetect it appears the PCA9685 is connected.
1714058056017.png

And the drivers appear in the configuration setup.
1714058102073.png

Anyone have any ideas of what might be wrong?

johnrogers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There may be an issue running Reef-Pi on the latest version (Raspbian 12 Bookworm) of the Raspberry Pi OS.
If you run
Code:
lsb_release -a
on your Pi, does it show you are running Bookworm? If so, you might try choosing the Legacy 32-bit Lite OS option in the Raspberry Pi Imager when creating your SD card. This should give you the previous version, Raspbian 11 Bullseye.

OP
OP
D

dportero

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There may be an issue running Reef-Pi on the latest version (Raspbian 12 Bookworm) of the Raspberry Pi OS.
If you run
Code:
lsb_release -a
on your Pi, does it show you are running Bookworm? If so, you might try choosing the Legacy 32-bit Lite OS option in the Raspberry Pi Imager when creating your SD card. This should give you the previous version, Raspbian 11 Bullseye.
Oh i am running bookworm, I will downgrade to bullseye and see if that helps.

OP
OP
D

dportero

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That seems to have fixed it! Thanks so much!

For future issues anyone may have, ill update this thread if it doesn't end up working.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 24.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 55 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back