Trouble finding reasonably priced 60" T5 fixture

TehBrainz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Title says it all. I've been thinking about adding some T5s to my 72" tank to even out the lighting and get a better blanket across the whole tank. I've been able to find tons of 48" fixtures for T5s but can't seem to find any 60" options (or 72" for that matter) that are reasonably priced.

The ATI sunpowers are the only thing i find for that length and theyre ~$700. Way too much for what I'm looking at doing.

I'm specifically trying to find two 2 bulb fixtures that I'd run on either side of my LEDs. I've checked hydroponic and other home grown sites to no luck, everything seems to fall back to 48". Homedepot near me had a sleu of <48" and then some 80" (what the heck?)

Anyone know of an option that I'm just unable to find in my Google searches?

coralboi56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Title says it all. I've been thinking about adding some T5s to my 72" tank to even out the lighting and get a better blanket across the whole tank. I've been able to find tons of 48" fixtures for T5s but can't seem to find any 60" options (or 72" for that matter) that are reasonably priced.

The ATI sunpowers are the only thing i find for that length and theyre ~$700. Way too much for what I'm looking at doing.

I'm specifically trying to find two 2 bulb fixtures that I'd run on either side of my LEDs. I've checked hydroponic and other home grown sites to no luck, everything seems to fall back to 48". Homedepot near me had a sleu of <48" and then some 80" (what the heck?)

Anyone know of an option that I'm just unable to find in my Google searches?
I have a 60" fixture that I need to sell :D
but the fan doesn't work
I'd sell for 300 (OBO)

Last edited:

DCR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The hygrow fixtures only come in 4 and 2 ft lengths. Your cheapest aquarium option would be the LET retro kits if you don't mind the looks and the exposed wiring. I think Reef Brite also makes a dual 60" fixture.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 85 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.3%
Back