Trouble keeping a clown trigger

  • Thread starter Thread starter nlatta
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

nlatta

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 8, 2024
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
United states
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had trouble keeping a clown trigger. They always are totally fine swimming and eating then a week in or so they act weird then die or I just find them dead. Does anyone else have the same problem? I'm on number 3 right now and don't know what the heck to do. I really want to keep one but am not sure what to do.
 
There are definitely people here who can help you get to the bottom of this, but can you answer a few questions for clarification?

How big and old is your tank?
Can you post your parameters?
What other fish do you have in your system, and how are they doing?
Are you getting the fish from the same source each time?
 
Clown triggers are super hardy.Somethings either off with parameters or the way the fish was caught is suspect.Chemically stunned for eg.
 
I have had clown triggers over the years. I had one in a FOWLR tank that lived for 9 years. I believe they are one of the most bulletproof fish you can buy fresh or saltwater. There is an underlying condition. What other fish do you have? Are they doing well? I would think with as much bullying it would take to kill a triggerfish you would have noticed. Are you buying them from the same store?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new