Troubleshooting Tunze 3155

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Mason Michalski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Roger or anyone who may know an answer to this problem of mine with the optical sensor. I purchased a Tunze 3155 and set it all up. When I turn it on, all 4 lights turn on, then the too low light turns on (Red, which means the optical sensor failed, correct?) The sensor is clean, dry, and not in the water before the pump turns on for 15 seconds. No matter where the water is in the tank, it always reads "level". Half submerged, out of the water, inches above the water, it always reads the same. It never tops off my sump. Hope you all can help

Last edited:

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This can be because the sensor is hazed over with minerals, then a 2 hour soak in vinegar and wiping it with a soft towel will solve it, or it could be the sensor has a broken wire.

OP
OP
Mason Michalski

Mason Michalski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This can be because the sensor is hazed over with minerals, then a 2 hour soak in vinegar and wiping it with a soft towel will solve it, or it could be the sensor has a broken wire.
Thanks Roger, I've got it soaking in vinegar while I'm at work. I'll also check the wires when I open up the box.

OP
OP
Mason Michalski

Mason Michalski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I got the sensor cleaned off after the vinegar bath, and it's still the same. Checked the inside wires, and it looks like all four soldering points are clean and intact for the sensor. Whole board looks clean actually. Any ideas on what's next?

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This would be a break in the cable or the sensor end most likely. How old is it? What country are you in? Since 2015 the sensor just plugs in, but they really should be calibrated when the sensor is changed and you would need to send it in for the calibration to be done.

OP
OP
Mason Michalski

Mason Michalski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This would be a break in the cable or the sensor end most likely. How old is it? What country are you in? Since 2015 the sensor just plugs in, but they really should be calibrated when the sensor is changed and you would need to send it in for the calibration to be done.
Morning Roger, I'm from Michigan in the US. The guy I bought it from told me he got it in 2014. Can you PM me the information I need to send the unit in for a new sensor? Maybe even a quote too would be awesome. The rest of the unit is stellar, I guess the optical sensor just failed. Looking forward to hearing from you.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The sensor costs $28.80, the only other charge is shipping. Send the controller only to-

Tunze USA, 2121 Cole Springs Rd, Buda, TX 78610

Include a note with return address and phone number.

Last edited:

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 23.6%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 24.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back