True Yellow Milli

  • Thread starter Thread starter ou12004
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ou12004

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 29, 2012
Messages
426
Reaction score
281
Location
Austin, TX
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been looking for a true yellow sps for a while and finally found this bad boy.
cPmxLnz.jpg
 
Looks a bit bleached at the moment, but hopefully it will maintain a yellow color for you. Let us know how it settles in:)
 
Yeah my Sunset milli will turn almost entirely yellow in extremely high light. In moderate lighting it's green an orange with only a little yellow. Be pretty cool if this guy stays yellow under any lighting conditions.
 
How long have you had it? It looks bleached right now, I suspect it will darken up with time.
 
Same as above. It's very nice looking, let's hope the yellow stays so I can get a frag. [emoji6] I almost pulled the trigger myself but was afraid it wouldnt keep the yellow.
 
The store had it for a week and I have only had it for a few days, the tips are growing a light lime green. I have had a few bleached colors and this doesn't look like those did. I guess I will need to turn my lights up since I run them at 40% peak to try and keep the yellow
 
I have a couple of the same shade of yellow mariculture (just like yours), its turned more into a light lime green, but there is always potential for corals to turn back
 
I have this one, it was yellow like this with blue tips directly under a 250 watt MH maybe 8 inches deep. Under T5 it is isn't as yellow.

Grew from a frag to this




Kept its color
 
I would not be surprised if the tips turned blue since 80% of my sps grow blue or purple tips. Nice growth on that, frags grow very slowly for me.
 
Be freaking sweet if the tips did this

**this is not my picture I found it along time ago and want one bad so I saved it**
ef020afcd09ff5198d50b5777179d14d.jpg

Thinking about it now I wonder if this was one of those camera tricks? Lol
 
Be freaking sweet if the tips did this

**this is not my picture I found it along time ago and want one bad so I saved it**
ef020afcd09ff5198d50b5777179d14d.jpg

Thinking about it now I wonder if this was one of those camera tricks? Lol
I see those now and again at the LFS. They tend to darken up and don't keep that lime green color. No camera trick involved... Just a mari that hasn't colored up yet in my experience.
 
I see those now and again at the LFS. They tend to darken up and don't keep that lime green color. No camera trick involved... Just a mari that hasn't colored up yet in my experience.
Unfortunately we don't have many Lfs for saltwater and the couple we do have get little to no mari's. So once again I miss out because I live way up heyaa.(here) Lol
 
We have two in Austin that have recently ramped up their mari exports. It's been heaven lately here! And yes... just rubbing it in. Saltwater on the wound...ouch! [emoji12]
 
Be freaking sweet if the tips did this

**this is not my picture I found it along time ago and want one bad so I saved it**
ef020afcd09ff5198d50b5777179d14d.jpg

Thinking about it now I wonder if this was one of those camera tricks? Lol

That isn't a milli, it's an acropora samoensis and that is a common color for it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new