Z06-Hec

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
check this sub conscious of my mine....
so i needed to do a water change
I tell my wife I need to get salt I'm on half a bag left that's not enough for a 35 gal mix of water.
she says don't you have another box? I'm like, no we finished that before the trip.
So I make my plans, contact the guy and have a semi argument, not really more like a disagreement, about price of the salt... he raised it on me from last time
I get upset and he ends up lowering it for me $5...
anyway I do all that, drive to Brooklyn last night for "salt"
Forget or dismiss that I'm there for salt, buy a wall hammer
smh
all ride home I'm like ****e... I shouldn't have bought anything but the salt...
wife: Why?
Me: cause I shouldn't be acclimating while doing a water change since chemistry is changing at same time.
Get home go get my "half bag" of salt and see another box of salt there already. (wife was right)
So i think sub consciously i just wanted to go get another coral
In the last 4 weeks i think I've spent 400-500
smh
Carpet Nem, Melanarus Wrasse, Gold Torch, Purple Stylo frag, wall hammer, 2 box of reef crystals, 2 jabeo wp25 wave makers.

Velocity

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what's the problem ? LOL

This hobby is not for the faint of hearts man - I keep buying some of the same stuff thinking this time I can fix the issue from the last time etc

I think it's due to great looking reefs - we know what they look like and we want that look - striving to go faster, look sharper - make more money

truly an addiction

Mike in CT

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like when you walk into a coral shop just to browse and talk to the owner for awhile and you think, I'm going to look like a jerk if I don't buy something!
Lol.

Velocity

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like when you walk into a coral shop just to browse and talk to the owner for awhile and you think, I'm going to look like a jerk if I don't buy something!
Lol.

Exactly why I don't do garage sales - very awkward walking away like " no your crap isn't good enough for me "

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have a whole lot more room for your addiction in that tank. :p

OP
OP
Z06-Hec

Z06-Hec

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With 2 angels I have to be careful what I put in. I do like LPS and Nems though. I'm hoping the ones I have grow to nice big colonies...
Even contemplating getting rid of 1 of my 2 yellow tangs to get an Emp Angel. Maybe later on though.

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This addiction cost a lot of Benjamins but I love every bit of it,we need be rehabilitated?:D

Last edited:

Velocity

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With 2 angels I have to be careful what I put in. I do like LPS and Nems though. I'm hoping the ones I have grow to nice big colonies...
Even contemplating getting rid of 1 of my 2 yellow tangs to get an Emp Angel. Maybe later on though.

I see a healthy divorce in your future - just don't let her have the fish tank

ilovereefing <3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's bad too when the owner and all the employees of your local LFS knows you by name and are also friends with you on Facebook! That is a definite sign you are addicted! LOL! :rolleyes: Reef junkies unite!

Velocity

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's bad too when the owner and all the employees of your local LFS knows you by name and are also friends with you on Facebook! That is a definite sign you are addicted! LOL! :rolleyes: Reef junkies unite!

I don't have this exact problem but after FedEx or UPS leave my neighbors ask what I got new for my tank

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 45 47.4%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 22 23.2%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 22 23.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 6.3%
Back