Trumpet Coral Crazy Extension

louti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My trumpet coral has crazy polyp extension. And it stays like this all day. Is this a good sign? Bad sign? I had trumpets in a tank in the pst that grew and did well. They would extend sometimes when feeding, but never like this. What do you guys think?

9B189E78-0D3B-4D44-A79B-17949A124E08.jpeg

OP
OP
L

louti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s mine during the day, rarely do I see feeding tentacles for long, but I feed a lot. Just got this frag a few weeks ago, already had quite a bit of growth.
1AE55027-1DCB-49CD-88BA-41D705301949.jpeg

Yeah, that’s what mine looked like that I had previously. These definitely don’t have as much tissue. I’m wondering if they had some tissue recession going on and are trying to feed more to make up for lack of tissue/zooxanthellae.

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, that’s what mine looked like that I had previously. These definitely don’t have as much tissue. I’m wondering if they had some tissue recession going on and are trying to feed more to make up for lack of tissue/zooxanthellae.
Could be! Wouldn’t expect them to be trying to feed if it was a water quality issue, but they definitely want something lol

maybe try broadcasting/target feeding some food pretty frequently for a while. Oyster Feast, reef roids, even frozen mysis or some pellets.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 18 32.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back