Trunk Trim on Green Sinularia?

  • Thread starter Thread starter AtlantiCat
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

AtlantiCat

41% Salt, 59% Fresh, 100% Weird
View Badges
Joined
Dec 6, 2022
Messages
480
Reaction score
499
Location
Northern Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've had this lovely Green Sinularia that's been growing like crazy for about a year. I've fragged branches before, but I'm wondering if it'd set the poor thing too far back if I cut off that 7" "trunk" to a more manageable level?

In other words, I want to cut about 6" of "trunk" off and re-glue a 1" "trunk" with all of the branches still attached.

I would think it wouldn't hurt, but would like the opinion of someone with more experience with this specific coral.

Thanks!

IMG_20250501_201236.jpg
 
Your coral is stretching up big time for more light, thats why the stalk looks like that. If it has enough light, the stalk will not stretch like that and the top will grow wider as opposed to staying thin and reaching up.

My sinularia is about 10" across, it takes up a third of my 32 gallon. Your coral will do better under more light. Just a friendly fyi, good luck

1746183710549.png
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new