Trying to save fish

Hilltopreef90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t stand watching my fish die one by one, every day another one is dead
My quarantine tank isn’t cycled but I’m wondering if I can use an old sump I have or get a cheap 10 gallon tank, take ten gallons of the water from my 28 gallon that isn’t affected and transfer the last 4 fish into it and start medications?
if this will work, what will I start with first ?
Meanwhile what do I do about my 90 gallon tank that is infected with something killing fish ? The corals and inverts aren’t having issues but I’ll be leery of ever putting a fish in there again.
Once all the fish are removed from the 90 how do I keep the corals healthy with no fish creating waste?
Im 90 percent sure whatever is killing the fish was because I added two new fish without doing a complete quarantine, I watched them for a few weeks and then added them without any medications 3-4 days later my fish began dying, one each day.
I still don’t know for sure why they are dying and now I just want to prevent it from happening again and I’m not sure when the tank will be considered safe ?
Im
So bummed out ☹️ it’s heartbreaking watching these poor little fish die and knowing I caused it. The only positive is I’ve not lost the corals and inverts too

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a must-read. Don't despair. Yes, you need to set up a hospital tank immediately, and treat with the appropriate remedy if you know what type of ailment is afflicting your fish (I'd take a video of your tank under white lights, now, and post it in the disease forum and ask for a diagnosis).

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 37 52.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.9%
Back