Trying to take better photos with an Olympus TG-6

Coral Kai

Coral Kai Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Would love some help/advice on how to use this camera.

One thing I would love to know is do people use a housing when taking macro pictures in the aquarium? I know it's not needed but I am curious if it is less risk for water damage

Here's my 1st attempts... the rest were all blurry
1654099703809.png

1654099712717.png

OP
OP
Coral Kai

Coral Kai

Coral Kai Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I've just been taking pictures through the glass for now until i figure out the settings and get enough courage to put it in the water

oldmonk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is waterproof.... its just hard for me to put it underwater....i guess i am just looking for people to tell me its going to be ok lol
Olympus states its waterproof upto 15m without protective housing.. Even if you want to be conservative and consider 5m still its safe for aquariums.

Thanks

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the 4 and used it with no problems what so ever. I sold it on as I wasn6using it enough.

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would love some help/advice on how to use this camera.

One thing I would love to know is do people use a housing when taking macro pictures in the aquarium? I know it's not needed but I am curious if it is less risk for water damage

Here's my 1st attempts... the rest were all blurry
1654099703809.png

1654099712717.png

More light will allow you to have a faster shutter speed and greater depth of field and should give you much better and less blurry pics. An additional hand held light such as a smaller Kessil or similar works well. Camera in water, light out of water:)

OP
OP
Coral Kai

Coral Kai

Coral Kai Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
More light will allow you to have a faster shutter speed and greater depth of field and should give you much better and less blurry pics. An additional hand held light such as a smaller Kessil or similar works well. Camera in water, light out of water:)
Thank you! Will try to put those in practice and let u know

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to use mine directly in the water. After a couple months it developed a haze inside the lens and I couldn't remove it. It showed up on all pictures. I ended up getting it replaced and I haven't put the new one in the water yet. I used to have a case as well and didn't really like using it. It gave off a glare.

OP
OP
Coral Kai

Coral Kai

Coral Kai Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I used to use mine directly in the water. After a couple months it developed a haze inside the lens and I couldn't remove it. It showed up on all pictures. I ended up getting it replaced and I haven't put the new one in the water yet. I used to have a case as well and didn't really like using it. It gave off a glare.
That's my main concern ....thanks for the input

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 27.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 30.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back