TSA Maxspect Nano-Tech Pre-Seeded Biospheres

trophyhimbo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have experience with this TSA product? Thoughts on its ability to increase biodiversity without actually introducing live rock?

https://topshelfaquatics.com/product/maxspect-nano-tech-pre-seeded-biospheres/

Description:
Jump start and speed cycle your marine aquarium with our pre-seeded bio spheres. Each item is matured in one of our long-standing cryptic raceways containing a diverse blend of natural live rock for a minimum of two months to supply you with an excellent base of various bacteria for nitrification and denitrification. As an added benefit, these will contain beneficial microfauna. Nano-Tech BioSpheres are a durable dense arrangement of smaller spheres creating an ultra-high surface area. Each Sphere has a surface area of 580 square feet and can stabilize 17 gallons. 10 Spheres is roughly equivalent to 20+ pounds of Live Rock. This is a must with today’s man made and base rock that are primarily used to start reef aquariums. Wild Reef Pre-Seeded Bio Media must be put in aquarium water upon arrival to maintain its live benefits.

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Man i made so many posts about how these companies should sell a product like this . Sadly its way over priced but i think its a great idea especially for smaller tanks that are started with dry rock . We are in times where people are paying $25 a lb for rock or $10 a lb and over $75 for shipping . What do you do when you have a tank over 100 gallons? We all can agree there really isnt a substitute for real live rock but maybe theres a way to get some biodiversity for a fraction of the cost .

OP
OP
trophyhimbo

trophyhimbo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man i made so many posts about how these companies should sell a product like this . Sadly its way over priced but i think its a great idea especially for smaller tanks that are started with dry rock . We are in times where people are paying $25 a lb for rock or $10 a lb and over $75 for shipping . What do you do when you have a tank over 100 gallons? We all can agree there really isnt a substitute for real live rock but maybe theres a way to get some biodiversity for a fraction of the cost .
This is exactly where I am: 40g started with dry rock haha

I have not been able to find something small but mature from a trusted place that also used live rock, which I figured may introduce some beneficial diversity with a minimal amount of unintended larger hitch hikers. I was looking at Aquabiomics Live Reef Rubble but they seem difficult to find in stock... I'll probably end up putting both in if given the opportunity :grinning-face-with-sweat:

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time for a hobbyist community service drive? Hobbyists with great tanks set up seeding tanks and start distributing seeded rock/matrix at cost?

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have experience with this TSA product? Thoughts on its ability to increase biodiversity without actually introducing live rock?

Description:
Jump start and speed cycle your marine aquarium with our pre-seeded bio spheres. Each item is matured in one of our long-standing cryptic raceways containing a diverse blend of natural live rock for a minimum of two months to supply you with an excellent base of various bacteria for nitrification and denitrification. As an added benefit, these will contain beneficial microfauna. Nano-Tech BioSpheres are a durable dense arrangement of smaller spheres creating an ultra-high surface area. Each Sphere has a surface area of 580 square feet and can stabilize 17 gallons. 10 Spheres is roughly equivalent to 20+ pounds of Live Rock. This is a must with today’s man made and base rock that are primarily used to start reef aquariums. Wild Reef Pre-Seeded Bio Media must be put in aquarium water upon arrival to maintain its live benefits.
I assume this is shipped in water?

OP
OP
trophyhimbo

trophyhimbo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I assume this is shipped in water?
I am assuming so. Putting it in my cart it looks like it automatically ships with FedEx Priority Overnight.

I’ve found local fish stores that sell “live” seeded rock. 3 spheres for $40 is a scam. I’m sure you’ll have to pay for shipping too.
There aren't easily accessible local fish stores for me unfortunately. Commercial space in the city of Boston is probably cost-prohibitive haha European Aquatics has been incredibly helpful, but it would cost at least as much as shipping to Uber there and back

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Description:

SOunds good, but I would like to see some kind of lab work shwouing what all is on it as well as some small sponges if it was cultured in raceways with natrual or wild live rock.

One advantage of Aquabiomics stuff is they test to make sure there's no known pathogens.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 61 32.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back