• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Tsunami 400g Acrylic Aquarium (96"Lx30"Wx36"H) w/36" Aluminum Stand

Item Price
$5500.00
Selling Terms Of Service
  1. YES I have read the terms and agree to them
Buyer Protection
  1. YES I agree and I understand that as a seller I may not ask for payment through platforms that do not offer buyer’s protection.
Shipping
NO shipping is NOT available

Quicklynx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm listing my 400g Tsunami Aquarium.

I don't really want to sell it, however I built a fish room in order to run my side business of marine & freshwater aquaculture. Due to the time constraints with aquaculture I am interested in selling my 400g in order to relieve some of my maintenance time. Maintaining a 400g tank is very time consuming. Enjoyable, but time consuming.

It was purchased through Fish Tanks Direct and is roughly a year and a half old, however it wasn't setup until September 2021. It was professionally setup and leveled. I have been checking the level of the tank consistently and it hasn't moved at all since it was initially setup. Tsunami guarantees these tanks for a lifetime. I'm not completely sure what that means, but I know these are very high quality. I haven't heard of any Tsunami failures.

I opted for the 30" width in order to fit the tank through my doorways. I opted for the 36" height because I really enjoy the pelagic area for fish. Longhorn Cowfish and Puffers have been quite enjoyable to watch in the open space. I also went with drilled external overflows instead of internal in order to allow for more swimming space in the tank.

I also went with a 36" Aluminum frame/stand. It is an awesome stand that allows for scrubbers, tall skimmers, etc. I run a Nyos Quantum 300 and IceCap scrubber. It is much more open than any wooden from which allows for easy access to work.

The back panel is black.

The external acrylic is in pristine condition.

These particular build dimensions, 96 x 30 x 36, are no longer available from FTD although I'm sure if requested they might do it. Lead time on a tank like this is 8-14 weeks, but from order to delivery mine was closer to the 5 month mark.

A similar build to this right now would run ~$7280 + tax.

With no lead time and an immediate sale I'd like $5500 with the sump.

I'm located in Middletown, MD 21769.

Thank you

fishtank3.jpg
fishtank1.jpg
fishtank2.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Quicklynx

Quicklynx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to add that I do accept cryptocurrency as payment as well.

Feel free to PM me if you would like additional information or would like to schedule a time to come see it before you buy.

Thank you

OP
OP
Quicklynx

Quicklynx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can discuss the sump + equipment in a deal.

I may utilize some of it on my other tanks.

Thank you

sbeason

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you intentionally keep the "price drop" the same as back in July? I may have someone interested, still trying to figure out logistics of driving there to pick it up for them, with my truck/trailer.

OP
OP
Quicklynx

Quicklynx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you intentionally keep the "price drop" the same as back in July? I may have someone interested, still trying to figure out logistics of driving there to pick it up for them, with my truck/trailer.
I'm not sure what you're referring to.

It was $6700 without sump as originally listed.

I edited the initial thread.

Thanks

OP
OP
Quicklynx

Quicklynx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been awhile since I've been on. I haven't sold this but I haven't been actively trying to move it either.

$6000 takes the tank, the 36" aluminum frame, the Seamless sump, and the Quantum Nyos 300 Skimmer. This will also include all the piping with it.

This will not include the return pumps or the live rock, but I'm willing to negotiate those in.

I will have a Show Size Blonde Naso with very long streamers, a foxface, and a desjardini tang available as well.

The Desjardini has some HLLE so he will be free to whoever wants him, but they have to have a solid history of rehabilitating HLLE fish. I won't give him to just anyone.

Thank you for any inquiries.

Mikeltee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
GLWS brother this is a dream tank and would look amazing wall mounted for someone with an unfinished basement and deep pockets. And a tolerable wife too... lol

OP
OP
Quicklynx

Quicklynx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GLWS brother this is a dream tank and would look amazing wall mounted for someone with an unfinished basement and deep pockets. And a tolerable wife too... lol

Thank you, and spot on with the issue here...

$5900

Gut Pile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In MD. Not in a position to house a tank like this yet. - Planning on a 10foot from them in an finished basement but have some build out work to do first. Flooring, fish room and water change system. Those are awesome dimensions though. How many did it take to move that bad boy?

TheRealDmorty217

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the sump made from? I have this exact same tank brand new sitting in my garage from tsunami and would like to do the same setup with the sump

OP
OP
Quicklynx

Quicklynx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In MD. Not in a position to house a tank like this yet. - Planning on a 10foot from them in an finished basement but have some build out work to do first. Flooring, fish room and water change system. Those are awesome dimensions though. How many did it take to move that bad boy?
There were 6 of us to bring it in utilizing the giant suction cups. Had to take the door off my main entrance to fit this through. The two biggest guys were on the to end to get it through the doorway.

What is the sump made from? I have this exact same tank brand new sitting in my garage from tsunami and would like to do the same setup with the sump

Custom Aquariums Seamless Sump.

I highly recommend against the sock setup. It's very loud and the brackets that hold the socks are cheap and keep falling off. Kind of defeats the purpose. If you can go with a larger mat roller like the Redsea one.

If this tank doesn't sell I plan to do that.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 100 75.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%

Back