Waterbox aluminum stand questions

vikkid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just placed an order for a waterbox AIO that comes with an aluminum stand. My plan is to use a 40g breeder on this stand while the AIO goes on another homemade stand. But this may need a plywood top too distribute the weight better since the 40 breeder will not be sitting on the frame edges directly.
  1. How would you go adding a plywood top too the aluminum frame? Specifically, how would you secure it to the frame?
  2. I have heard some horror stories about putting together the waterbox aluminum frame - are there any tips and tricks someone can share to make my build easier?
  3. if I decide to put the Waterbox AIO on this stand, will the leveling mat that comes with the bundle be sufficient?
  4. Has anyone here used the stands to hold rimmed aquariums (like the marineland/aqueon)

magallonbuckinbulls

Beers, Bulls, and Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just placed an order for a waterbox AIO that comes with an aluminum stand. My plan is to use a 40g breeder on this stand while the AIO goes on another homemade stand. But this may need a plywood top too distribute the weight better since the 40 breeder will not be sitting on the frame edges directly.
  1. How would you go adding a plywood top too the aluminum frame? Specifically, how would you secure it to the frame?
  2. I have heard some horror stories about putting together the waterbox aluminum frame - are there any tips and tricks someone can share to make my build easier?
  3. if I decide to put the Waterbox AIO on this stand, will the leveling mat that comes with the bundle be sufficient?
  4. Has anyone here used the stands to hold rimmed aquariums (like the marineland/aqueon)
Send me all the specs on the aluminum stand and I’ll look it over.

OP
OP
V

vikkid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Send me all the specs on the aluminum stand and I’ll look it over.
I still don't have the stand, so don't know details on the specifics of the rails; once I have it with me, I will reply back with more info.
For now, this is what I'm finding on the waterbox website; which I know is not what you need, but something nonetheless.

Cabinet Dimensions 47.2" × 19.7" × 35.4"
Cabinet Framework Anti-corrosion Aluminum Alloy
Door & Side Panels 18mm PVC Laminated Wood Particle Board
Bottom Panels 10mm PVC Board
Back Panels 6mm PVC Board
SUS304 Hinges
Leveling Feet

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 85 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.3%
Back